We help clients with retirement planning starting with a blank canvas – a tax-free pension shell within which we can invest
the most appropriate growth assets for your personal objectives.
- For some clients, the chosen growth asset in the pension shell to meet their retirement planning objectives might be a portfolio of equity-based funds to match
the client’s risk profile and which would then be reviewed monthly under our streamlined Wealth Management process,
providing long-term growth until retirement income is needed.
- For other clients the most suitable growth asset in the pension shell might be a commercial property which can be rented back
to a limited company controlled by the client. This can provide the double benefit of a suitable workplace for the client’s
private company and a long-term capital asset providing rental income and growth for the pension fund.
Our modern approach to retirement planning takes advantage of efficient and cost effective independent pension companies enabling us to provide a
bespoke service at a controlled cost.
Typically, our clients pension funds range in size from between £200,000 to £2m because at these levels the
increased efficiency and enhanced service becomes very cost effective.
As a matter of course we advise our clients on the numerous options available under pensions law which a combination of some
or all of the following:
- a lump sum (Pension Commencement Lump Sum formally called Tax-Free Cash),
- buy a fixed income for life (annuity) or
- simply draw regular or ad-hoc income directly from the pension fund (Unsecured Pension or Alternatively Secured Pension)